Monday, December 29, 2008
The girls decided to make a birthday cake for Papa/Grandpa this year. I did the letters and they looked horrible!!! A cake decorator, I am NOT! The girls put the rest of the decorations on and the sprinkles......lots and lots of sprinkles!
Usually Brian is the fun parent and I am the one who is saying....no lets just stay clean. Well for once I got to initiate something fun and messy for the girls. The mud hole....and it was messy, but they had a great time.
The Fair was during shut down so Daddy didn't get to go with us, but we went with Grandma and had a great time. The girls really did enjoy the rides, but I think the animals were their favorite part.
Sarah was ready to go!
Back in September, Brian's cousin Amy got married and she asked the girls to be in the wedding. Molly LOVED it! Every second of it, but Sarah......not so much!
Really the highlight of our trip to KY that weekend was getting to ride on Meme's bus and PePaw's tractor. Who knew?
All the flower girls and Amy. Brian's cousin Allison is the bridesmaid on the right.
Monday, December 01, 2008
I love Christmas, really love Christmas. I love the lights, the smells and everything about it. Well, not everything! I have composed my list of things I loathe and love about Christmas.
10 Things I Loathe or Love About My Favorite Holiday, Christmas
1. Love - I love Christmas lights and trees, there is something about the holiday decorations that makes me feel euphoric. Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy! Who can see a Christmas tree and now smile?
2. Loathe - Walmart - Have you been to Walmart the last week or so? If not, I suggest avoiding it like the plague. I generally love Walmart, but not now and not until the week after Christmas. However, here is a helpful tip from me to you......if you NEED to go to Walmart, then get in your car and drive to Blytheville. Even on Christmas Eve there is probably 1/8 of people there than at any Jonesboro Walmart.
3. Love - Christmas Cookies - sugar cookies with too much icing and tasteless sprinkles. Yummmm
4. Loathe - Traffic - been by the Mall lately?
5. Love - Christmas Cards - I do truly love going to my mailbox and getting mail. I love to open my email and get emails, but there is something about a hand written, postage, personally addressed letter from a friend or family member. The first Christmas card of the season is always put in a special place in our home and in my heart. I know it may sound silly, but if you love me, you will send me a Christmas card!
6. Loathe - Toy Commercials - I have news for you Mattel, Hasbro, Fisher Price, the makers of playstation, anything Barbie, or Pokemon......I HAVE TiVO!!!
7. Love - Christmas Music - My new favorite this year is by Veggietales and it is the best. Of course if you know me or have been in my Jeep, my Jeep is only allowed to play Veggietales.
8. Loathe - Bad Christmas Music - Anyone ever been to Little Bit of Christmas? Anyone worked at Little Bit of Christmas? Anyone ever heard Randy Travis sings Christmas songs for 12 hours?
9. Love - The Smell of Christmas - anything cinnamon, cookies, pine needles, anything like that.
10. Love - My Girls - I have never loved Christmas as much as I have since I have my girls. Everything about Christmas is new and fun for them, therefore new and fun for Brian and I. The presents, lights, cookies, gingerbread men, Christmas penguin, Santa, and of course the Christmas section of Walmart. Better than the toy dept.
Posted by Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah at Monday, December 01, 2008