Monday, December 01, 2008

It is beginning to look, feel, and smell a lot like Christmas

I love Christmas, really love Christmas. I love the lights, the smells and everything about it. Well, not everything! I have composed my list of things I loathe and love about Christmas.

10 Things I Loathe or Love About My Favorite Holiday, Christmas

1. Love - I love Christmas lights and trees, there is something about the holiday decorations that makes me feel euphoric. Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy! Who can see a Christmas tree and now smile?

2. Loathe - Walmart - Have you been to Walmart the last week or so? If not, I suggest avoiding it like the plague. I generally love Walmart, but not now and not until the week after Christmas. However, here is a helpful tip from me to you......if you NEED to go to Walmart, then get in your car and drive to Blytheville. Even on Christmas Eve there is probably 1/8 of people there than at any Jonesboro Walmart.

3. Love - Christmas Cookies - sugar cookies with too much icing and tasteless sprinkles. Yummmm

4. Loathe - Traffic - been by the Mall lately?

5. Love - Christmas Cards - I do truly love going to my mailbox and getting mail. I love to open my email and get emails, but there is something about a hand written, postage, personally addressed letter from a friend or family member. The first Christmas card of the season is always put in a special place in our home and in my heart. I know it may sound silly, but if you love me, you will send me a Christmas card!

6. Loathe - Toy Commercials - I have news for you Mattel, Hasbro, Fisher Price, the makers of playstation, anything Barbie, or Pokemon......I HAVE TiVO!!!

7. Love - Christmas Music - My new favorite this year is by Veggietales and it is the best. Of course if you know me or have been in my Jeep, my Jeep is only allowed to play Veggietales.

8. Loathe - Bad Christmas Music - Anyone ever been to Little Bit of Christmas? Anyone worked at Little Bit of Christmas? Anyone ever heard Randy Travis sings Christmas songs for 12 hours?

9. Love - The Smell of Christmas - anything cinnamon, cookies, pine needles, anything like that.

10. Love - My Girls - I have never loved Christmas as much as I have since I have my girls. Everything about Christmas is new and fun for them, therefore new and fun for Brian and I. The presents, lights, cookies, gingerbread men, Christmas penguin, Santa, and of course the Christmas section of Walmart. Better than the toy dept.

Happy Holidays!!!!

4 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Amen, amen, amen! Except we do not have the veggietales Christmas. Gotta get that. But I agree, I think I love Christmas so much more now because of the way my girls see it. And next year ... we will FINALLY get to decorate the bottom half of our Christmas tree for a change! :)

ashleigh said...

Hey, I looked for a VT christmas cd and could not find one. Will have to pick that up later this week, since JM declared "my no like Kimass songs." Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?

Also, if you need to hear a selection of bad music, head on over to your nearest TJMaxx. They have they Brittney Spears song on a regular rotation. It totally spoils my TJMaxx experience--and that is saying a lot.

Davies Family said...

I love your list, and just want you to know that Walmarts in San Antonio are worth avoiding too! :)

Amy Barrett said...

My mom and I go to WalMart and Christmas shop early in the morning and there isn't hardly anyone there. It is great. It is also very early but it's Christmas! I only do it one season a year - and it's with my mom so it's fun! Anyway, just a tip if you NEED to go to WalMart!

Love the list!