Saturday, February 04, 2006

Valentine's Day and Helpers in the Kitchen


Well, the girls are celebrating their first Valentine's Day. Although I don't think they are quite old enough to enjoy it. The girls and I did bake a special heart shaped cake for Brian to celebrate. Actually, the girls ran around in their walkers in the kitchen while I baked the cake. I went over all the steps and the ingredients with them while I was doing it and they pretended to listen. The cake turned out delicious and the girls may have learned a little something.

I remember one of my first lessons from Granny about cooking. I think I was 11 that Thanksgiving and Granny taught me how to make Green Rice casserole. She wrote down the recipe for me and told me that it would be my special contribution to Thanksgiving every year if I wanted it to be. Turns out I still get to make the Green Rice casserole....or broccoli and Rice casserole as I call it. Whatever you call it....it is delicious!

Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments: