Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy Kitties

About 2 1/2 years ago my sister and I pulled some boxes of books out of my attic that my mom had saved for us. My parents didn't believe in buying your child a toy every time the sun rose and set, but we did have a lot of books. Thankfully my mom saved those books for us. One Saturday afternoon after Jaker was born and Joy was here for a visit we pulled those boxes down and went through the books dividing them up. There were a few cat fights that Brian had to break up (just kidding) over who got what book, but it gave my husband a great idea about the girls books. Box them up and let them duke it out over the books when they had kids.

My girls are getting older and we are reading "big girl" books rather than their baby books as they call them. So I was going through their books putting the board books back for their kids, cough cough, my hopefully some day grandkids. Anyway, I found a Stahl house favorite. This is the story of a busy kitties.


This is a sweet little book about the day in the life of a kitty.


Every page rhymes with the one opposite of it.



And.....what do you think rhymes with cuddling??????


You may not be able to read it in yellow, but it says - Kitty puddling
I would love to post something clever and witty here, but I really think the books speaks (reads) for itself.

4 comments:

Emily Ann said...

Haha, that's a great book!

My mom also saved all of our books for me and my sister. This makes me want to go dig them out!

Amy Barrett said...

That is hilarious! Does it make your girls laugh hysterically when they read it?

Anonymous said...

Love the book and love the idea! I think that I am going to have to box up our books too. I was just going to sell them at a garage sale but I would rather have my kids fight over them one day!

Jenny said...

Seriously? A picture of pee? I bet they laughed every time they read it!