Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Flower Girls

The girls were in a beautiful wedding this weekend. An old family friend got married on Saturday and she asked the girls to be her flower girls. She also had her nephew Garrett in the wedding as the ring bearer. Of course I took my camera, but I was so busy worrying about my girls behaving and not ruining Amie's special day, I didn't take but a few pictures.

The girls did great!!! Molly at the rehearsal dinner took her basket from Amie's Aunt Teresa and started down the aisle and without any instruction, started throwing out her pretend petals. Sarah on the other hand is a little more shy and had a little bit of trouble. She made it down the aisle several times in practice, but just couldn't commit the day of. We went and sat down next to Grandma and Grandpa during the ceremony and watched Molly stand next to her new friends, bridesmaids Jami and Tasha where she stood during the entire ceremony. It was a very sweet ceremony and the church was beautiful. Of course what made it absolutely perfect was the snow falling outside.

We had so much fun! Congratulations, Dan and Amie and thanks for including us in your special day!

The gorgeous bride, Amie and the girls


Grandma and a very calm mother of the bride, Rowanne

The girls "practicing" before the wedding

More "practicing" while everyone watched and cheered and hoped this was a good sign of things to come

Sarah Beth and her new friend, Sara Beth (Dan's neice). She asked me if Sara was her sister.

2 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

The girls were such sweet flower girls! I understand how you didn't enjoy the day nearly as much! I would guess you were probably the most stressed person there - including the bride! You probably were saying more prayers than anyone else and promising more bribes than anyone else! (been there, done that twice last year!!) I'm also sure your worrying was useless because they looked beautiful and I know they did a great job :)

Anonymous said...

They look so beautiful! I'm glad they did a good job. I'm sure you were worried!