Friday, August 08, 2008

Our New Family Member - Otto

Otto
Well, Brian is not completely sure Otto is a boy....if not we may have to change his name to something a little more feminine. Joy bought Jake a parakeet and we were in Memphis this week and the girls fell in love with Peter the parakeet, Jake's bird. Of course we have to have every pet that Jake has...and now we have a bird. I always thought birds were nasty, but really he isn't. So now we have a bird, 3 fish, and a dog. I am hoping this will satisfy the girls because we are not a house for anything like hamsters or snakes....ewwwww.
The girls LOVE him, they sit in the window in our dinning room singing to him (the B-I-B-L-E, because it would be silly to sing anything else to a bird) and he just tweets and tweets with them. Our air conditioner got hit by lightening so the girls were playing in just undies so I didn't get a picture, but it was super sweet. I tried to get them to change their song (after 20 min) and Sarah said, "No, Otto likes this song". Great....we may never hear anything but the B-I-B-L-E.

6 comments:

Polly said...

I love birds! My sister and I both had one when we were little. They were in different cages and it was so much fun! They would sing to each other during the day. We would put one of them in another room and they would sing and sing to each other. Big Fun! I think you probably need to get another one!

Jenny said...

You're a nice Mom to let them have that many pets... I felt burdened with only a Beta fish! :) I think it's so sweet about the girls singing to Otto.

Hannah said...

Your air conditioner got hit by lightning? How crazy is that? BTW, Will loves "The B-I-B-L-E," too. I guess it's a hit with 3 year olds.

Davies Family said...

The B-I-B-L-E is one of our favorites too, and in our bedtime ritual each night. I have heard that birds really like that song... :)

Amy said...

What a cool bird! I bet the girls love that Otto tries to sing right along with them. You really are a cool mom to have so many pets!

Redhead Rambles said...

I never took you a bird lover!