Sunday, August 24, 2008

Remember When??

My girls are not very old, but I can barely remember when they weren't a part of my life. Everything about my life is a reminder or a memory associated with my kids and I love it! However, this is not a post about my smart, funny and beautiful children.

I can however, remember my life before this:


Before

After the carnage


When we were growing up we only had outside pets until Joy received a kitten as a gift....note to anyone reading this blog under the age of 25....an animal is a horrible gift for someone. The cat was a terrible pet, she had accidents in the house and to be honest she was mean! Fast forward 10 years Joy and her husband got the sweetest little puppy that grew up to be the perfect dog. I then decided Brian and I needed the perfect dog and we got her. Hailey was the best dog, there will never be and has never been a dog as good as Hailey. Unfortunately when she died I was convinced I needed another dog to fill the hole that she left. During my grieving process my husband could not stand the crying anymore and gave in to me getting a puppy. Note to husbands and boyfriends alike....never give in to the replacement pet....it will be almost like Pet Cemetery.

Sophie is my replacement pet, isn't she adorable:


She is a super sweet dog, but she has been quite a challenge to say the least. She chases cars, bites the girls, pees on our guests, eats until she throws up on my already stained carpet, and eats the girls toys. She doesn't just chew on their toys....she actually eats them. I have no idea why, but that is just Sophie.

However, we seem to be pet challenged in the Stahl house. My fish eat the algae eaters and the girls run to the fish take first thing in the morning, every morning to see if the newest addition has made it through the night. Our newest family member, Otto the parakeet, poops in his own water....now....how gross is that? I think perhaps I just choose the wrong pets? I could never part with any of our pets (mainly because I would have to explain that to my kids....just kidding), but I can certainly remember life before them.

5 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

Girl, Burt and the girls have been begging for a pet and I just can't give in for these very reasons.

Your bird and puppy look really sweet though!

Emily Ann said...

Well, you certainly make me feel better about our issues with Minnie Pearl.

Hannah said...

And, this is exactly why I don't like pets! Will keeps asking for something, but I keep saying no, at least until he is old enough to take care of a pet himself.

Amy said...

Thanks for giving me a good laugh!!! Seriously, I'm sorry you have so many pet issues. Cooper drives us crazy at times, too, but you just can't help but love those pets!

Davies Family said...

You crack me up! Your girls look adorable in the ballet outfits by the way!