Monday, January 12, 2009

The Last Time???

I am typing this blog feeling a bit sorry for myself. I am looking around at my close friends and there are so many who are pregnant or about to welcome a new baby into their homes. I am so excited for them, of course, but a little sad for me. Having twins is the only thing I know and it has been fantastic. We won't be having anymore so there are so many first and last times that are my first and last......last. We have so many more firsts, but thinking about the ones when they were babies is making me weepy tonight.

My list of first times that I won't ever have again that are making me weepy tonight

1. The first ultrasound of my pregnancy

2. The first time I felt my babies move while I was pregnant

3. The first time my girls nursed (one of my ALL time favorite firsts)

4. The first time my girls slept through the night

5. The first time they ate cheerios

6. The first time they turned over on their own

7. The first time they walked

8. Their first REAL words

9. My first mother's day

10. Their first christmas

11. The first gut wrenching time I left them with a babysitter (my mom) to go on a date with my husband

12. The first time each of them said "I love you" to me

These are such special first memories....I am not feeling quite as weepy as I was before.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to make me feel weepy too... except for the nursing one of course! :)

Amy Barrett said...

So sad, and sweet! I'm right there with you! Do women ever get over that "last" baby depression? I have 3 and I still feel sad at the end of every milestone. Just yesterday I was getting sad that we were almost finished with diapers for the last time! What's up with that.

Sweet post.

Redhead Rambles said...

Aww, that's so sweet!

Danna Ramsey said...

Jamie! I love this list. I remember the first time they sat by themselves for a minute, before toppling over like a weeble and we all laugh. Or, the first time you overhear them playing without you. Or their first real friend. Sigh ...

Jennifer F. said...

Jamie--

I am definitely there with you!! Seems like everyone around my age in pregnant or having their first baby and it makes me sad that I'm not ever going to experience those baby things again.

Kristi Barnett said...

Oh, I am weeping with you! I am also giving thanks for the video camera to capture some of those precious moments!

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this! I feel the same way. I know that I am going through this for the last time (hopefully). I get said when I think about not having another one but I don't want/need another one! It is just hard knowing that part of life is over. Just remember that there are so many more firsts yet to come!