Friday, June 20, 2008

13 Thursday

Okay, here is a list of Thirteen NAME Brands I cannot and no one should live without. Just so you know I am not a name brand snob! Probably 60% of my cart at Wal-mart is off brand, but there are some things that are just special! This list is in no special order....except Diet Dr. Pepper should be at the top of the list!
1. Diet Dr. Pepper.....Dr. Thunder? What was Wal-Mart thinking?

2. Electrasol Dishwasher Gel Packs......AG turned me on to these and I am telling you there is NOTHING better to wash your dishes with. I am the lazy of the lazy and I hate to rinse dishes....I mean isn't that why I use a dishwasher? To avoid WASHING the dishes.

3. Mach 3 Razors - My beloved introduced me to these and I am hooked...you will never see a lady razor in my shower again. I never did understand why lady razors needed to be Pink and A LOT bigger than the razors they made for men. And you know what they do for men? They put the extra razors in the base of the razor holder so all you have to do is turn it around to get a new razor rather than running across your bathroom floor wet and naked in search of a new blade for your pretty pink razor.

4. Going along with that......Skin Care or Skintimate Shaving Gel. I remember very vividly shaving with soap.....just bar soap when I first started shaving. What was my mom thinking? I think after that we used off brand shaving cream (so you had that lovely Old Spice smell on your legs when you were finished shaving).
5. Bed Head Shampoo. Thank you Brian for using Sauve at $1 a bottle so the girls and I can use Bed Head with no guilt!

6. Lipton Iced Tea.....ever had Always Save Tea?

7. Secret Deodorant - I am sure there are more expensive brands and I know there are less expensive brands, but do you really want to chance body odor for a $.50 savings?

8. Charmin Toilet Tissue - this is a shout out to my honey, if it were up to me I would use the brand "toilet tissue" that you get 100 rolls for $4. His secret is revealed....hehehehehehe
9. Swiss Miss Cocoa. The off brand doesn't dissolved and you are left w/ milk w/ lumps of powder...yuck!


10. Welch's Fruit Snacks. I do not buy a lot of prepacked food, or individually packaged food I should say because it is so high and you get so much less. However, fruit chews are the exception to that rule. My girls love them, they are lower in sugar than regular chews, and when you chew them......you can chew them and then swallow unlike regular chews that never dissolve. Our favorite is the light blue pkg.

11. Bread - I don't think I have ever bought a loaf of "white bread" or "wheat bread". Ugggg, $1.00 for a loaf of bread?

12. Raisins.....only the best! Other wise they taste as gross as all raisins look.

13. Dawn Direct Foam, I don't know that I have ever used anything other than dawn, but this stuff is awesome. If you MUST wash your dishes my hand, please use this! It creates the foam so you use significantly less. It is more expensive, but I think is it a wash (no pun intended) considering how much less you have to use.

4 comments:

Redhead Rambles said...

I am so feeling you regarding Dr. Thunder. And, I will throw in Always Save Cola! Ugh. My grandmother used to buy this for us and it was so disgusting!!

Emily Ann said...

Our husbands must have been twins in another life...Steven has the same obsession with Charmin! haha

Danna Ramsey said...

Okay, I have discovered that the off brand of Magic Eraser works just as well. Thought I would throw that bit of info out there. And Dr. Thunder is heartburn in a can.

Rebecca said...

I've got one for you...ever tried to cook with off brand sour cream! Horrible! Daisy is my sour cream of choice. I would also like to suggest Nestle cocoa, I personaly think it is better than Swiss Miss, maybe it is because I am "brainwashed."