Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ten Things

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

This weekend Brian's mom took the girls for the weekend so Brian and I could spend some time together since his birthday was last week. For the most part we really enjoyed ourselves, but there is something weird about the quiet of being in your own house with no kids. It is TOO quiet!


This week's list......10 things that I missed that make make me thankful my girls are home


1. The 1 Million questions the girls ask in a day. I have come to realize that the reason they ask so many questions of me is that they honestly think I know EVERYTHING! Isn't that flattering?


2. I missed hearing their tiny feet walking (walking, running, skipping, hopping) across the floor.


3. Their toys, their choice of toys always makes me laugh. I found this on the floor this morning (armless and legless thanks to Sophie) and Molly said I couldn't throw it away because she NEEDED it.



By the way, I am not sure what that random part is next to the girl.....but it doesn't look good!

4. I missed hugs, tiny arms = sweet hugs.

5. I did actually miss telling the girls "no" 100 times a day. I think I would pick fights with Brian just to be able to tell him "no"....hehehehehe

6. My favorite time of the day is the morning when I get to go wake the girls up in the morning on the mornings I wake up before them. Their sweet smiles when they see me for the first time.

7. Tiny voices, they are the sweetest sound over the baby monitor. Thank goodness for Video Recorders so I won't ever have to forget what those sweet voices sound like.

8. I really love their morning/nap breath. There is something about that smell that is just so sweet to me.

9. I missed their sweetness to each other:


10. The reason I missed them the most is that I missed being a Mommy. Even though I struggle with potty training and roll my eyes at whining, I love my job and I love my girls!

4 comments:

Redhead Rambles said...

You make me want to have twins! :)

Danna Ramsey said...

That doll gave me the heebies!

Polly said...

Poor poor doll! That one might have to accidently get "lost"!

Jenny said...

Isn't it great to be reminded how much we love our kiddos? Just a couple of hours away can turn me from gouchy mom to happy mom! :)