Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Story of The Tree

There was a pretty bad storm that passed through our area Monday night. There was quite a big of wind damage. The girls heard the weather radio going off and we went to the picture window to look outside. I could see the wind moving the dust around in the fields south of us. We have quite a few old trees that drop limbs during bad storms and the one next to my house is one of the worst. Of course that is where I park my Jeep. So I immediately foudn my keys and went to move my Jeep. The girls wanted to go with me so I grabbed them and rushed them to the Jeep and moved it to the end of the drive, free from trees. The wind was very bad on our trip back to the house and I was trying to move them quickly because they wind was blowing everything in the yard and I was worried the girls would get hit by something walking back. As we got to the door and I was pushing the girls through the door the HUGE pecan tree next to my house and parking spot cracked at the base and fell over in my yard. There were qutie a few people in our area with out power.


You can see from the pictures that God had his hand over the girls and I. The tree landed where the Jeep was parked and on the drive where we were moving the Jeep. You can see all the toys that were in the yard....the other side of the yard.


Picture from the end of the drive.
A picture from my back door.

A good thing from the storm.....playing in the puddles in our new twirl dresses from Nanny Jean and Ladybug Boots from Grandma. Good times!!!!

Sophie was even enjoying herself.

5 comments:

Redhead Rambles said...

That's so scary! I'm glad you guys are all ok.

Marti Jo said...

Ok, that tree looks a whole lot bigger on the ground than I remember. So glad you were all safe.

Jenny said...

Glad you guys are all safe (your car too!)

Hannah said...

I'm so glad that y'all were safe! That is scary. To answer your question about Will's backpack: I just made up the design. I don't have a pattern. It's just a pretty simple knapsack (sp.?)

Danielle Balentine said...

Don't you love how God watches out for us. Man, I'm so glad you guys were okay.