Friday, June 27, 2008

Cake Decorating with my Friends

Oh, I love my friends, they are just too much fun! We have been doing girls night out off and on for 7 years, can you believe it girls?!?!? We have had quite a few come and go over the years and even one go and then come back to us, but Marti, Ash, Jenny, Danna, Stephanie and I are the only originals left....but after 7 years, I think that is pretty good! I have a very talented bunch of friends and we are so diverse in our God given talents, but it is great that we have so much to share with each other! BIG thanks to Jenny and Amy for helping us, it was great fun! As much as we enjoyed it, I think we all agreed to leave the cake making to them.
Here are some new pictures from our recent girls night out, by far my favorite so far. Although, spa night is pretty high at the top of the list as well!!
Unfortunately, I don't have a single picture of Robin the very talented photographer and I don't have one of Amy (she was too busy flitting around helping everyone).

Christy and her beautiful gluten free chocolate and strawberry cake, not to tell stories, but I think she has done this before :)





Ashleigh and her cake tribute to her son. Let me tell you how hard it was not to drag my finger across that yummy chocolate icing.



Stephanie let her kids at home pick out her colors.....I LOVE them, and I am sure they are going to be excited to see them as well!



Oh, yummmm, Marti's cake had technical difficulties.....actually her icing did, but her cake is beautiful and with all that icing....my favorite!!!!

Angela and Emily made this flower cake for their mom's birthday.....ah, isn't that sweet. I absolutely love these colors together. They did a great job, I am sure Ms. Deb is going to be proud.

My cake....I forgot to take a picture of it by itself after I finished it, but we got a picture of the three cakes together. Yesterday was my anniversary so I was trying to put an "S" in the middle of the cake. I think Stephanie is looking over me saying, "why it is taking you 20 minutes to practice your S".

7 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

This looks like SOOOO much fun! I love the cakes. Jenny and AMy do an awesome job and they appear to be great teachers as well! ...Got to love those girls night outs!

Danna Ramsey said...

So upset that I missed it! Heard it was wonderful! Were any of us even married 7 years ago?

Redhead Rambles said...

I'm so impressed with all of you! I know I could never be a part of this cake-making team. I'll have to simply be a groupie! :)

Amy said...

What a fun night! You guys all did a great job on your cakes. I was impressed! We'll have to do it again sometime.

Jenny said...

I had so much fun!! Let's do it again sometime!

Anonymous said...

I totally love this idea for a girls night. That is so smart. I am totally stealing it from you. ;) So how far do you live from me... I wanna come to the next one. LOL!

Davies Family said...

Blogs are a wonderful thing...I'm glad I found yours. Your girls are precious...I'm thinking they're close in age to Sid--she'll be 3 in August. Yikes! BTW, I'm totally impressed with all your cakes. Let me just say, a cake made by me would never look like those! You are a talented group of ladies!