Sunday, July 06, 2008

Show your stuff Sunday

Wow, I have been a terrible blogger lately! I have had a terrible time with my computer this past week. I had to back up EVERYTHING, then HP did a system recovery, which sounded painless and fairly easy, let me tell you, it wasn't. It has been horrible trying to get all my stuff put back on and finding everything. UGGGGG.
So, I am back and here is my Show Your Stuff Sunday post. I found these FABULOUS sheets at Target on their clearance end cap. I found them for $12.48. I was super jazzed until I realized that they were size King and that was all they had. I guess that is why they were SO cheap. I called the sewing genius Nanny Jean to see if 2 twin sheets could be made out of a king set. I sent the fitted sheet to her and I held onto the flat sheet and pillowcases for myself.
Nanny pieced it and made two twin fitted sheets for me and today I finished the 2 flat sheets and pillowcases. I am so impressed with Nanny's ability to just look at the fitted sheet and figure out what needed to be done. I am thrilled!!!! These pictures do not do these sheets justice, they are really a couple of shades of lime green, but these pictures make them look like vomit green, they are not!

Aren't they grand? I LOVE them!



I wasn't going to put their names on them, but they loved to see their names on the old pillowcases.

I think between Nanny and me I have enough scraps to do some cute throw pillows...maybe some appliqued design on some solid colored pillows......???? I don't know what to do, any thoughts?? I also haven't finished the dust ruffles yet. Too many things on my project list!

This is Molly's gift from Meme this weekend. The stuffed kitty cat, it doesn't really go with our new mod sheets, but she LOVES it!

4 comments:

Polly said...

Glad to have you back! Sorry about the computer mess. That is always so frustrating! The sheets really are wonderful!

Amy Barrett said...

oh... i saw a pillow on etsy the other day with a name appliqued across it, it was super cute! you could tie in all your cool new colors too! just a thought! Sorry about the computer problems!

Allison said...

These turned out looking so great on their beds! :D

Redhead Rambles said...

I love the sheets! I wish I could write my name on my pillow cases, too! :)