Monday, July 14, 2008

WOW

I know it is Sunday, but I need to do a 13 Thursday on Sunday.


13 Reasons I LOVE WOW.




1. Well, actually I love VBS, but I tolerate the fact that we changed the name to WOW. Just the name VBS makes me smile thinking of cookies and kids singing, I love kids singing.


2. Helpers, volunteers, and cookie ladies! There is really not telling how many volunteers it takes to do WOW, but I am thankful for everyone. Coordinating a class and having great volunteers makes me even more thankful.


3. My friends......my friends stepped up this year and helped when I requested help. I have good friends and we had a good time - so thanks to you guys!!


4. My kids make me enjoy WOW even more than I thought. I am a schedule kind of person and VBS kinds of ends late, so this is our first year to get to go to the auditorium and I really enjoyed watching the girls enjoy themselves singing and dancing with their teachers.


5. I love doing crafts, absolutely love them. I love seeing the kids with them after VBS is over, it makes me smile.


6. This is the first year the girls get to do the crafts I do and on the way home I asked Sarah about and she said, "I don't know, but look at this AWESOME star, it glows in the dark". I can understand how the glow in the dark star could trump the craft.
7. Singing Booster....SW has a way of changing things that don't need to be changed, but at least we are still holding onto Booster!
8. Red VBS shirts....yeah, I might even have one this year. If they still have my size tomorrow.
9. Homemade cookies delivered to my door that I didn't bake.
10. The singing corner of the craft room. I have heard many people say they don't understand why this is part of the learning centers, but who cares, I love it, I love it, I love it!
11. Oh, AG, the drama was awesome. This was my first year in a long time to get to see it and she did a fabulous job, I am proud of SW for doing something so original and so HUGE.
12. Adult VBS.
13. My kids....talking, laughing, singing, and enjoying VBS, their teachers, their star, and their night. Totally worth getting home at 10:00 and them in bed at 10:30. Totally worth it!

6 comments:

Polly said...

I love WOW too! It is my favorite thing that SW does. I love that the entire church gets involved! Yippee WOW!

Danna Ramsey said...

You did a fantastic job last night! And hooray for kid's singing!

Redhead Rambles said...

I have no doubt you rock the WOW!

Danielle Balentine said...

WOW! Wonders of the Word . . . the song just got stuck in my head. Isn't it great! I really miss WOW. Jonesbor is so blessed to have a congregation that will take on such a great VBS.

Amy Barrett said...

My girls LOVE Southwest's VBS! I too, think it is one of the best Bible School's I've ever been to. You all do an awesome job every year. Check out all your volunteers. Could you even guesstimate how many people it takes to pull that off! That is awesome, and impressive!

Anonymous said...

My grandkids are having a blast! They announced on Sunday night that there were about 400 volunteers working with WOW! Amazing!!!
Phyllis