Thursday, May 08, 2008

13 Thursday

Okay, I don't have a ton of dirty secrets, but I have a million guilty pleasures.

13 Guilty Pleasures

1. Romance novels. I do not like the trashing kind, but true love stores. I am the least romantic female on the face of the earth, but I love a good love story.
2. Chocolate. I can't get enough of it.
3. Bottled Water. Green schmeen, I am all about recycling (I don't do it, but I support those who do), but I have to have bottled water. It is not the taste or that I am a bottle snob, I am just lazy, pure and simple. What is easier than bottled water?
4. Diet Dr Pepper. Between my husband any myself we probably drink around 30 Diet Dp's in one week....yes, I said one week. They are addictive, I tell you!
5. Listening to my Ipod. I love my kids, but I love the sound of take me away from laundry and my kids music. I really do like Dan Zanes and Veggietales music, but every now and then I need Candlebox, The Shins, or James Taylor.
6. Good shoes, I need good shoes, I love good shoes. I bought and posted a picture of a really cute pair of shoes from Target that are still in the box and have never been worn (other than the night I bought them).
7. Name brands. There are lots of things I skimp on and buy great value, but for the most part I am a name brand girl.
8. My air conditioner. It runs constantly. When I was preggers during the middle of winter time it was set on 60. I hate to be hot, sweat, or feel even the slightest bit stuffy. It makes me grouchy (just ask Brian).
9. My TiVo. I love it, not like I love my kids or my husband or the rest of my family, but I genuinely think I feel affection towards it. Like my air conditioner I don't think I could live with out it.
10. My laptop/Wireless Internet. Holy Cow, what did I do before I had both of those?
11. Chik Fil A. When JMG at the ripe old age of 15 months could say Chik Fil A, I knew I had found a kindred spirit. That is why he says my name about 100 times a day!
12. Wal-mart. I know lots of people don't like it and feel that perhaps it is even evil, but I love the convenience of it.
13. I save the best for last. Mother's Day Out. I am not sure it qualifies as a guilty pleasure, but I sure enjoy it. I do really enjoy being around my kids and I don't want anyone to have the impression that I don't enjoy them. There is just something about those 5 hours I get to myself to do ANYTHING I want.

3 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Ha! And I thought that I was the least romantic female on earth.

Amy Barrett said...

Candlebox and Walmart, I'm with you girl! I haven't heard Candlebox in a long time but used to love them.

ashleigh said...

Admit it...you love MDO so you can come and hang around with my kid.

And...here it is 8:28am and I'm thinking, "I need a Diet DP."