Sunday, May 04, 2008

13 Thursday.....on Sunday

I am way behind! Way behind!! Brian was out of town last week and it was a flurry of bedtime fights and potty training. I am so glad my husband is home. It makes me appreciate the emotional support he provides for not only me, but the girls as well. They followed him around all day Saturday, and being the super dad that he is, he spent ALL day with them. I even got to take some time for me to do a little alone shopping and alone movie viewing, and one of my favorite things, alone driving. I love being married, and I love my being married to my husband. Absense does make the heart grow stronger, and more apprecaitive. My list really has nothing to do with what I wrote above, I just needed to say it.

Danna had a post about great days and it got me to thinking about good days I have had and I am pretty sure I can come up with 13. These are in no particular order.

1. The day I met my husband and he said the words church of Christ and that he always wanted a family.

2. Graduation....not the day exactly (although it was pretty good) but all the days, months and years leading up to my last day of school.

3. The first time Brian told me he loved me, that was a great day!

4. Ocala, FL, Junior year in high school. Singing in the chorus at the most wonderful church. Feeling such a sense of spirituality and love from a congregation and I remember how emotional it felt to know how much we were touching them.

5. Summer 2001, Destin, FL, laying on the beach with an old friend looking at the stars and talking about how good life is and how good God is to us.

6. This past friday night when my Brian got home we spent the evening with the girls and after they went to bed we talked and laughed and talked like we hadn't seen each other in forever and that feeling of knowing that I chose the perfect person for me.

7. The day my girls were born, it was wonderful! My c-section was painless and I felt wonderful (other than stressed because of the whole becoming "mom" thing) and excited to see the girls. And the first time I got to see them all smooshed and slimey, it was perfect!

8. The night Brian was baptized. Mine should have made the list, but I was so young that I feel like I was getting a do over through Brian with his decision to be baptized.

9. One Easter when we lived in St. Louis, my dad took the time to buy something special for our Easter baskets. It seems silly that would stick out in my mind, but mom was "in charge" of things like that and I remember thinking how special it was that he took the time to do that for us.

10. The first time we took the girls to the butterfly house at the zoo in Memphis. I am always amazed at how emotional it makes me to see the girls enjoy something and this was especially amazing.

11. A birthday skating party I had when I was 9. My parents did a wonderful job of celebrating our birthdays, but we didn't really do huge parties. I think was 9 or 10, I don't remember exactly, but I got to have a skating party. It was so fabulous!

12. The first Christmas morning Brian and I spent with my family.

13. The day we went for the first US and saw it was twins on the screen. We were so excited!

I think I could have come up with about 50 more, but I am sure not everyone wants to here every good day!

4 comments:

Polly said...

Love your post!!!

Danna Ramsey said...

This is fabulous, Jamie. The first "I love you" will always be remembered! And Ocala! I can't believe I had forgotten that. I loved that trip.

ashleigh said...

Thanks for the reminder of Ocala! What a fantastic night that was. I remember hearing Danna & the Worship Boys sing there and how enthusiastic the congregation was.

Destin--man, what a great trip....we have got to do that again in our P.D. (post-diaper) years--but before we are in diapers ourselves (hehehe)

The Lanes said...

Great post!!! It is great to have days in our lives that bring a smile to our face.