Friday, March 07, 2008

Snow Day!








I remember as a kid the excitement of the possibility of a snow day. The night before my mom wondering whether school was going to be called off because KAIT had predicted snow for the next day. Then laying my oversized head down that night to dream about a day off from school. Imagine my disappointment this morning when I woke up to NO SNOW!!! It made me feel like I was 12 years old again and the sadness I felt as a snow day slipped through my fingers. However, my happy face reappeared as I was folding laundry during nap time (not about the laundry part, never about the laundry part) when I looked outside to see the amount of snow that had accumulated on the ground....yipppppppeeeee!









The girls have been sick, but I bundled them up to the point that Molly couldn't put her arms down. It was like on a Christmas Story, very funny! Anyway, out the door we went and into the BLOWING snow. It was good times except the VERY high snow drifts. I forget that my girls are still small since they are SO much bigger than they used to be, but poor Molly kept tipping over (face first) into the drifts.......laughing the whole time. Oh to be young again and finding it funny to fall down on my face.








Enjoy our pictures and enjoy the snow tomorrow!!






By our back door.....the first steps in the snow.


The girls making snow balls....kind of.

Sarah's very small and wingless snow angel.

The house from the road. I was standing in the middle of our not so busy road (never busy road) all the while Sarah was yelling, "Get out of the road, momma, some one will hit you". I am not sure who someone was because there was fresh snow and one set of tire tracks on the road.

To those of you who don't know.....my dog is Black....not grey or white. She had the best time in the snow, probably more fun than the three of us put together.

It is no exaggeration for me to say that Molly LOVES her 4 wheeler. She wanted to go off road with it.....after she meticulously cleaned all the snow off of it. Silly girl!

P.S. Brian is outside in his shop building what I am sure will be the monster of all sleds for the girls tomorrow so check in, I am sure I will have more pictures from that!

2 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

"oversized head" hee hee

Chad said...

Marti and I were so disappointed when we say no snow that morning, too. It was terrible...I just knew we wouldn't get anything - especially since my family in Louisiana had snow in there forcast, too. That would be our luck...but, thankfully, we did get our turn this time. It was so beautiful but short-lived. Oh, the "get out of the road" comment was great! At least you know something she hears is sinking in!!Can't wait for the sled pics!