Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh, Happy Day, Hap, Happy Day!

Okay, for those of you with a weak stomach, please find another blog to read. This entry might not be for you. We had a milestone today, a major one in my book. This one rates right up there with their first tooth, or first steps and maybe even their first word. We left the house, went to eat dinner with our panties on, our real honest to goodness panties and no one had an accident. I am telling you, I feel like I have run a marathon or climbed to the top of a large mountain...something that fabulous.

Many years ago (4 to be exact) before my beloved ones came along and JM joined the G crew, AG and I had many conversations and couldn't understand why moms were SOOOOO obsessed with their children's....shall we say......waste? It seems to come up in the most unlikely of conversations and for any of you with kids or friends with those of us who have kids, you are nodding your heads saying, yes, yes, why do you crazy moms do that? Who knows, but I am so happy about our potty episode tonight, I am even posting for anyone who cares to read about it.

There are many milestones that come along in your child's life, but none I think are as wonderful as potty training. Of course I wouldn't have said that on Wed when Molly and I went to the store and she had to pee and the only potty close was a gas station, whose name I will not mention, but should and I the thought crossed my mind if I had seen a patch of grass outside we could use instead of the potty. Hello GermX and penicillin.

Here are some pics that have NOTHING to do with potty training, thank goodness, I do draw the line somewhere!!! These are more pictures from the wonderful Children's Museum in Memphis. Note: The blue child is not mine, but we would totally claim him. How cute is that cookie monster costume? I kept wanting AG to make him say.....yummmm, yummm, yummmm, me want cookies! However, I am pretty sure he did the ice cream dance on stage for us! Silly boy!!



1 comments:

ashleigh said...

Congrats on the big potty milestone! And you didn't want to go out to supper tonight...;)

Molly was so fabulous in that tutu. She definitely needs a sparkly one to play in at home. And a stage.

And just so you know, we have been working on our Cookie Monster impression.