Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sleeping Beauties

Well, if you read the previous post, you know I lost my mind earlier today. It is late at night, but with Brian out of town my night owl comes out to party for a couple of nights, but I am kind of tired so this may get weepy and emotional.


I am not sure what finally caused the losing of the mind, but it happened at 3:00 this afternoon, I was hiding in my sewing room, on the phone crying to A.G. that I had finally reached my breaking point.


I went in to check on my non napping children to encourage them to get a book and lay on their beds quietly. I come in and Sarah is already on the bed laughing. Of course I ask her what is so funny, she points to the overturned book shelf and tells me she took her diaper/pull up off (while we are doing better with the potty training, not well enough not to use a diaper or something at nap and bed time) and she needed to pee, so she peed on the book shelf. I cannot even begin to imagine what expression I was wearing on my face, but I know I started crying before I walked out the door (after she was rediapered and laid in bed) and at some point in time I thought, I know I have NEVER peed on the furniture....why in the world would my child do this. Is she nuts????


Then after A.G. talked me down I went in to their bedroom to rescue them from themselves, then the most lovely thing happened. I was done for the day, so I gave into my non napping children and we watched Word World on tv, which by the way is a fabulous show for those of you who have never seen it. I was sitting on the couch trying to think of the best way to keep my sanity between now and the time hubby comes home from TX, LATE Sunday night, when my sweet, sweet Sarah climbs up on the couch with me cuddles to my side and says, I love you, Mom, I cuddle with you. I leaned over and hugged her and said, I love you more. She smiled back up at me and because she is super smart and observant she said, see, you aren't sad anymore.

How sweet is that and how easy it was for that simple gesture to change my entire afternoon and the rest of my evening.

I love these pictures, I love these girls. They try my patience and wreak havoc on my hair bringing me more greys than I like to admit, but look at the sweet sleeping faces.....look at that lovely, curly, mess of what we at the Stahl house call hair. They are lovely children, I am so glad they are mine. I can say that and mean it now, at 3:00 this afternoon it may have been a lie. :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the positive side, at least she knew big girls don't pee in diapers!! Thanks for the fabulous bow lesson! My girls had to wear the new bows with their pajamas they were so excited!
Jenny

Polly said...

Been there many a time! I put them to bed early and eat cookie dough. I usually in up in my bed watching tv with the cookie dough. Cookie dough helps alot. Good luck with the rest of the weekend!

Danna Ramsey said...

Oh Hon, I'm so glad you wrote this down. Sounds like you handled the situation much better than you thought you did.

Emily Ann said...

Hey!I'm doing great and still at Pinkston's. We still have bunnies if the girls want to come get pictures this month. They sure are growing up fast. Hang in there with the potty training!

Amy said...

Wow, what a story! Sounds like the girls made it all better! I love to hear your potty-training stories...I'm sure we'll be there before long.